Downtown San Diego is the heart of the City of San Diego and of the County. Most homes, condos, and apartments are in high-rises, which pose special circumstances for dryout remediation. For example, how do you get equipment up to the 20th floor of a building? How do you dry out an entire high-rise building’s floor? How do you deal with multiple owners within the same building on different levels when a flood has affected several units? How do you coordinate turning off the water when a flood is first found? How do you turn off the electricity to a condo building or high-rise? These questions and many more we have the answers to from the years of experience remediation high-rise buildings in downtown San Diego.
The specific steps for dryout out wet ceiling joists in a high-rise building are as follows:
1. Turn off the water.
2. Call us immediately at 619.597.2003. We are available 24/7/365. We will coordinate turning off the water if it could not be turn off quickly already as well as take care of all the steps needed to properly dryout and clean up the flood damage.
3. Turn off the electricity to the affected areas.
4. Determine the scope of where the water has flooded. We will use a combination of moisture meters, infrared cameras, and see cameras to locate the extent of the flood.
5. Determine the type of water loss depending on the source, how long the water has been standing, what contaminants may be in the water, etc.
6. Coordinate will all affected unit owners / occupants.
7. Coordinate with the building manager.
8. Extract any standing water to expedite drying.
9. Evaluate saving vs removing any affected areas of building materials per applicable dryout restoration guidelines.
10. Open the ceiling cavity to expose the joists.
12. Size the drying equipment correctly to dry out he affected volume of air next to the joists.
13. Set up a balanced drying system with proper drying equipment.
14. Check moisture levels in all affected units and areas daily and adjust equipment as needed.
15. Updated all occupants and affected people daily.
16. Remove equipment when the moisture levels return back to normal.
17. Clean all exposed areas with a surfactant and antimicrobial depending on the type of water loss and material.
18. Address and correct the issue that caused the flood.
19. Repair any areas that were torn out or removed during the emergency restoration process.
If you own a condo, home, or apartment in Downtown San Diego or any other part of San Diego County and need drying for wet ceiling joists, call us at 619.597.2003 for emergency services. We can have a technician on-site 24/7/365 with an hour or less in most parts of the county. We will assess the damage, give you an estimate on-site, and work with all insurance companies for coordinating payment of covered losses. We can walk you through the claims process and coordinate all from the beginning.