Many homes have stand up showers installed in their bathrooms for taking showers. A leaky shower door causing water damage occurs often in these homes from short and long term water damage. We have a process to quickly and safely dry out the water damage, clean up the damage associated with it, and rapidly get your life back to normal.
The steps for drying out and cleaning up water damage from a leaky shower door is as follows:
1. Turn off the water. Many times this means leaving the shower off. Other times, if it is a leaky or burst water line, it means turning off the water to the home.
2. Call us immediately at 619.597.2003 for emergency services. We are available 24/7. The sooner we can evaluate the damage, the lesser damage will be to your home.
3. We will calmly walk you through the steps for cleanup and stopping the water damage. This can be an very hectic time for homeowner. We understand this and will take the time to answer your question and take care of you.
4. We will evaluate the cause of the water damage.
5. We will evaluate the type of water loss (Cat 1, 2, or 3) and how the water is bound / trapped.
6. Make a plan of action for remediation depending on the above.
7. Set up containment if the above dictates (we adhere to all applicable standards and regulations for drying and removing water / mold damage).
8. Dry the affected areas and remove areas if needed by setting up a balanced drying system with a combination of dehumidifiers, air movers, desiccants, heat driers, injection driers, etc.
9. Take daily moisture readings of the air, dehumidifiers, and materials from the first day onward to ensure drying is occurring.
10. Adjust equipment as needed daily.
11. Cleans the air with HEPA filtration if the evaluation shows elevated mold levels in the air and surfaces. We will coordinate mold testing if needed.
12. Remove all equipment when the surfaces are all back to normal dry conditions.
13. Remove the HEPA air scrubbers after a clearance test is shown passing (lower levels within the containment when compared to the outside sample).
14. Cleans all the surfaces again with a surfactant and antimicrobial application.
15. Address the issue that caused the flood / leak and have it fixed.
16. Repair any areas that were need to be removed during remediation.