Lemon Grove Sprinkler Flood
How to Cleanup and Dry the Inside of a Home from an Outside Sprinkler Flood
LEMON GROVE SPRINKLE FLOOD CLEAN UP INFORMATION
Many homes are prone to flooding from outside sprinklers.
Examples of flooding from sprinklers may include:
1. Sprinkler spraying in through a window or door
2. Sprinkler spraying against an exterior wall that leaks into the home.
3. Sprinkler causing enough groundwater overflow that it leaches into the home through a slab or wall.
4. Sprinkler flooding a crawlspace or area under a home.
5. Broken head from a sprinkler causing abnormal spray into a home.
There are other examples, but in all cases this is how it should be taken care of:
1. Shut off the water.
2. Shut off the electricity to all affected areas of the home.
3. Call us immediately to evaluate and dry out correctly at 619.597.2003.
4. Determine the type of water loss (nearly all should be considered Category 3 black water due to possible contaminants in the water from the ground like fertilizers, animal droppings, etc).
5. Remove the affected areas that cannot be salvages.
6. Remove the standing water.
7. Clean all affected surfaces with a surfactant and antimicrobial treatment.
8. Dry all areas with the properly sized dehumidifiers, desiccants, airmovers, injection driers, airscrubbers, etc as necessary to keep the home and occupants safe.
9. Set up containment if deemed necessary to minimize the drying area and to minimize cross contamination of potentially harmful air (i.e. contaminants in the water that can become airborne)
10. Check the moisture content of all affected areas with penetrating, non-penetrating, and / or infrared meters as necessary before work begins and daily to ensure proper drying.
11. Check equipment daily to ensure proper drying and leave until the structure returns to normal dry conditions.
12. Address the issue causing the flood.
13. Repair any areas that needed to be removed during the dryout remediation.