Mold Damage Remediation
Whenver the correct conditions are present, mold will grow in a home: temperature (typically 70 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, moisture, stagnant air, and an organic medium to grow on. In the case of a home being on the market for sale, there are cases during the inspection that mold is found. The chance of this happening is greater in foreclosed homes since they may have been neglected by the homeowner and could also be left vacant for long periods of time. When it is time for sale, it is possible that mold removal is necessary. The selling agent will usually reach out to a mold remediation company to for mold remediation. We provide mold removal services and cleanup. We can also provide a 3rd party air sampling mold test proving that the area remediated correctly: mold levels cleaner inside the work area compared to the outside environment. We can also coordinate the reconstruction of anything removed like drywall, paint, baseboards, and minor carpeting repairs, which allows for a quicker turn around for the realtor, seller, and buyer
When water damage is not taken care of correctly, mold damage can occur. Mold damage can occur within 2 hours to a few days if a property is left with high moisture levels.
Mold, whether dead or alive, can cause serious respiratory health problems partly due to the mycotoxins they produce. Many times homeowners ask us if “bleach” will “kill” mold. This option will cause mold blemishes to change color but still leaves the mold in the air to be inhaled. We eliminate this by filtering the air with HEPA air scrubbers an HEPA vacuums in a very specific manner to provide a mold removal clearance test.
Many times homeowners will also ask if the color of the mold is an indicator of its affects to health. The only way that the specific mold strain can be identified is to have it sampled, cultivated in a lab, and analyzed under a microscope. We can coordinate this. Its effect on health is also a function of the susceptibility of the individual person (i.e. the elderly and young are more susceptible). Certain people are naturally more susceptible than others. Certainly, there are certain stains that nearly all individuals will have an adverse respiratory health affect to if exposed to them. We treat all mold damage as if it were the worst type of mold due to the above facts.
We can assess the damage or coordinate the testing. We can walk you through the steps necessary to eliminate the mold and restore your property back to pre-existing conditions. Our specialized remediation techniques include the following:
- Meeting or exceeding the EPA, IICRC, and NY City Department of Health Standards for mold remediation
- Coordination of air or surface sampling if necessary
- Moisture analysis
- Analysis of moisture source
- Setting up containment and negative air cleaning
- Removal of damaged areas and proper disposal of debris
- Extraction of mold spores
- HEPA vacuuming
- HEPA air scrubbing
- Coordination of air duct cleaning
- Drying / air movement for expediting drying
- Specialized drying of cabinets, hardwood floors, carpets, and interiors of drywall
- Coordination with an air tester as proof that area was remediated correctly
A few examples of remediation related to water damage are:
- Water damage not taken care of quickly that causes microbial growth buildup
- Slow leaking pipe within a wall causing mold damage on the drywall
- Slow leaking appliance like a refrigerator or dishwasher causing mold damage to the hardwood floor or subfloor
- Leaky shower pan on a second floor causing a slow drip and damage to first floor ceiling drywall
- Foreclosed house left unattended with flood damage and causing microbial growth on carpet, drywall and hardwood flooring
- Standing water under a house in a crawlspace left unattended and causing microbial growth on ceiling / floor joists
- Broken water heater causing consistent water damage to drywall and the water heater stand
The above are all real examples of remediation work we have completed. We can also coordinate the construction by you a list of referrals. Give us a call. We are your one source from start to finish for your property damage needs.