When a homeowner has a flood in their house like an overflowed toilet or a broken water pipe in the wall, it is important to eliminate the moisture rapidly to minimize water damage. Mold damage can occur very quickly (within a few hours to a few days, depending on the situation). When Dry Express Restoration is called immediately, we minimize further damage to the structure since we have specialized equipment for water removal including the following:
- Drying drywall in-place without the need for removal (cost savings for reconstruction)
- Drying cabinets bottoms without the need for removal (cost saving s for reconstruction)
- Saving and drying real hardwood floors in-place by extracting moisture vertically up through the cracks between the boards
- Drying carpets in-place without the need to remove the pad underneath for clean water losses
- Air movement via specialized equipment
Some of the issues that create the need for water damage restoration include:
- Overflowing toilet, dishwasher, washing machine or sink
- Broken pipe or leaky pipe in the wall (sudden or a slow leak, we can take care of it)
- Leaking roof
- Water seeping into the house from stucco damage on exterior, slab cracks, etc
- Slab leak due to a broken pipe in the concrete slab
- Broken water line to a refrigerator ice-maker
- Broken appliance such as a dishwasher or refrigerator causing a flood
- Flood from an outside source like a water main, river, or sprinkler
If you have a flood in your home or office and need immediate assistance, Dry Express Restoration is there for you. Our highly trained technicians can come out to you, day or night, and use the latest in fast drying equipment and technologies to make your disaster less tragic. You can save 1,000’s of dollars on San Diego water cleanup costs by calling Dry Express Restoration immediately after flooding. When we begin the water removal process right away, we prevent further damage from occurring and can often-times save flooring and furniture that would be damaged if they stay wet too long. You can also take some of these simple steps to help prevent your belongings from getting damaged before our technician arrives:
- Turn off the water. Stop the source of the flood to keep the damage from spreading – most sources of water in your home or office have shut-off valves that can be turned off. If the source of water can’t be turned off or the break is in a wall, call a plumber right away.
- Move items on the floor away from the wet area. Water travels quickly through carpet pads and carpeting – areas that aren’t wet now could have water under them in a very short period of time.
- Place plastic under the legs of wooden furniture that is resting on your carpets. Use plastic bags or butter-tub lids under the legs of wooden furniture to keep water from leeching into the furniture and to keep the staining in the wood from leeching into the carpet.
We can also coordinate the construction by offering referrals. Give us a call. We are your one source from start to finish for your property damage needs.