Sewage Clean Up San Diego
Is your drain line broken? Is your sewer backed up? Is your toilet overflowing? Is a drain seeping into your basement or crawlspace? If any of these situations apply to you, you need local San Diego sewage clean up.
What health illnesses and damage to your home will happen if your home does NOT get cleaned properly? What are the steps for cleaning sewage? We outline below the steps.
Health problems and illnesses can arise if your sewage is not properly cleaned out. Parasites, bacteria, and viruses in sewage flood water can lead to illnesses such as neurological disorders, gastrointestinal illnesses, and reproductive problems. Individuals with lower than normal immune systems, the elderly, infants, young children, women who are pregnant may be especially susceptible to illnesses and diseases from sewage water contact according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sewage water illnesses.
Mold damage from sewage water is another huge issue if the home is not cleaned and dried out correctly. This could cause so much of your home to need remediation; stop this issue before it gets to that point!
FIRST STEP: Call us immediately at 619.597.2003 for all your sewage damage cleanup needs 24/7. We respond immediately and can be on-site in less than 60 minutes
Here are the steps for how to clean up sewage correctly:
- Electrical safety: shut off electricity to the affected area for shock protection
- Engineering controls: set these up (physical barrier to the remainder of the home & HEPA air filtration) for how to clean up sewage
- Safety equipment: all technicians will need to wear approved suites, boots, gloves, respirators, and eye protection for skin, eye, and respiratory protection
- Remove the standing water
- Apply an antimicrobial application
- Lead & asbestos materials testing: as a rule of thumb if a home was built before 1982 we will test for lead and asbestos (paint, drywall, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, etc).
- Sewage flood cleanup EPA lead guidelines for renovations, repairs, and painting should be checked
- Sewage damage cleanup EPA asbestos guidelines should be checked. Also see our synopsis on Requirements for Testing and Removing Asbestos
- Sewage cleaning CA Department of Industrial Relations asbestos guidelines should be checked.
- Remove affected building materials: remove and safely dispose of all porous non-structural elements (i.e. drywall, carpet and carpet pad, baseboards, etc)
- Cleaning: properly clean all remaining, affected areas with proper cleaning products, disinfectants, antimicrobial applications, etc
- Set up a balanced drying system: with the needed combination of dehumidification, air movement, heat, and other needed drying equipment
- Bring all remaining affected materials to a dry condition: check moisture levels and equipment daily and move, add, or remove equipment as needed then remove the equipment
- Address and fix the issue causing the sewage flood: sometimes this can only be done at the end when the walls are “opened” and other times this can be done immediately
Call us at 619.597.2003 at any hour of the day or night. We will immediately take care of the how to on sewage clean up. It is very important for the safety of your health and home to use a company with the experience, training, and equipment to get the job done right the first time. Our technicians are properly trained and certified for sewage cleaning. We will walk you through the steps for your specific sewage flood cleanup needs before starting and answer your questions and concerns during all steps.