Whether it is from a busted pipe, an overflowing toilet, or whatever disaster arises, once water leaves where it’s supposed to be and gets into your home, all kinds of problems can arise. Some of these problems can include mold growth, damaged flooring, or warped walls. Within an hour after a flood has begun, severe damage from the water can occur and bacteria can begin to grow. Most of the damages can be minimized and thereby reducing major expenses, by quick and timely action.
You need to act immediately by contacting Dry Express Restoration right away. We will dispatch our expert technicians to your home or office immediately. When our technician arrives at your home or office, they will test the moisture levels in your carpet, floors, walls, and ceilings. Once they have determined the extent of the water damage, our technician can begin the drying process with our state of the art equipment.
In the event of a water damage emergency, Dry Express Restoration offers the following services customized to your needs and situation.
- Emergency Water Extraction
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Structural Drying
- Mold and Mildew Containment and Odor Removal
- Stain Removal
- Carpet and Carpet Pad Restoration
- Carpet Cleaning and Deodorization
- Carpet Replacement
We have compiled a list of suggestions to help minimize loss while our team is on its way to your property.
Before entering the affected area:
- Turn off the power.
- Attempt to locate the source of water and shut it off if possible.
- Be conscious of falling ceilings or walls when water is coming from above.
- Use caution when walking on wet floors.
- Wear sturdy water-proof shoes or boots when dealing with sewage.
Once the area is secure:
- Remove wet shoes/gloves to avoid tracking water to other parts of your home.
- Dry solid furnishings by wiping them off.
- If furnishings are too large to be removed from the damaged area, block with pieces of wood, Styrofoam or plastic to keep them off the wet floor. Make sure not to use anything that has dye or color in it As it may bleed and cause more damage.
- Lift any window treatments off of carpet by looping through a non-metal hanger and hooking the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Remove all area rugs and floor coverings.
After our technicians have arrived:
- To enhance the drying process, make sure to open furniture drawers, closet doors, and luggage.
- Do not turn off our drying equipment. It is most effective when it runs uninterrupted for the entire drying period.
- Photos, paintings, and art objects should be moved to a safe and dry location.
- Remove any fabrics as soon as possible; furs and leather goods should be hung to dry separately at room temperature.
- Take damp books from book shelves and spread them out to aid drying.
Whatever your water damage emergency, Dry Express Restoration can help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Call us today! 619.597.2003