Ways to Prevent Fire Damage in Your Home

Fire damage is one of the most unfortunate scenarios that many families have to deal with. Fires can ruin homes, destroy possessions, and even take lives. Even if your home is covered by somebody like One Sure Insurance, fire damage can put enormous stress upon any home. The best way to be sure you won’t have to deal with fire damage is to prevent it in the first place. In San Diego County, if you have an issue call our office for fire damage restorationfire damage restoration san diego. However, preventing a fire will be easier, safer and less costly. Once a fire gets started, it’s only a matter of time before a house becomes completely engulfed. Use these tips to keep your family safe.

  • Do not overload electrical sockets. Keep electrical sockets from becoming overloaded with too many plugs. Overheated sockets often cause blown fuses, which can easily start fires. If you can remember, always unplug any appliances that you’re not using at the moment. There is always electricity flowing through anything that is plugged in, and the less electricity you’re using at any given time, the safer your home is from fire.
  • Exposed wiring. Another fire hazard is exposed wiring. Any time you can see bare wires on electrical cords, it’s time to replace them. Sparks can flare up from those exposed wires and cause a fire to begin.
  • Unattended stoves and ovens. The number one causes of house fires in San Diego and everywhere else in the world is leaving stoves and ovens unattended. If something else requires your immediate attention, you should turn the stoves and ovens off. Never leave a gas stove lit while you go do something else.
  • Wiring under rugs. Another easy tip to avoid fire damage is to never put electrical wiring under rugs and carpets.
  • Deep ashtrays if you smoke. If you smoke, use deeper ash trays to prevent sparks from the cigarettes and cigars from catching flammable items on fire.
  • If your home has any unchecked Abestos this could increase the speed of the spread fire. Its always a good idea to get a qualified team to deal with Abestos because it can be very dangerous if airbourne. Asbestos removal should be on everyones mind if they have it in their home.
  • Learn to use your fire extinguisher. Finally, it is a great idea to learn how to use a fire extinguisher if you don’t already know how. A smaller fire can be put out easily and damage can be minimized if you can put it out with a fire extinguisher, before the fire gets out of control.

Fire damage restoration is extremely helpful when you have a fire, but if you take the right steps, you can avoid fires in your home completely, barring accidents. There are fire hazards lurking around every corner, and the more of them you can eliminate, the better off your home will be in the case of a real flammable emergency. Take care of your home to reduce the risk of fire damage.

Call us today! 619.597.2003

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *