Water Damage Repair, Flood Damage and Restoration
When a homeowner has a flood in their house like an overflowed toilet or a broken water pipe in the wall, it is important to eliminate the moisture rapidly to minimize water damage. Mold damage can occur very quickly (within a few hours to a few days, depending on the situation). When Dry Express Restoration is called immediately, we minimize further damage to the structure since we have specialized equipment for water removal including the following:
- Drying drywall in-place without the need for removal (cost savings for reconstruction)
- Drying cabinets bottoms without the need for removal (cost saving s for reconstruction)
- Saving and drying real hardwood floors in-place by extracting moisture vertically up through the cracks between the boards
- Drying carpets in-place without the need to remove the pad underneath for clean water losses
- Air movement via specialized equipment
Some of the issues that create the need for water damage restoration include:
- Overflowing toilet, dishwasher, washing machine or sink
- Broken pipe or leaky pipe in the wall (sudden or a slow leak, we can take care of it)
- Leaking roof
- Water seeping into the house from stucco damage on exterior, slab cracks, etc
- Slab leak due to a broken pipe in the concrete slab
- Broken water line to a refrigerator ice-maker
- Broken appliance such as a dishwasher or refrigerator causing a flood
- Flood from an outside source like a water main, river, or sprinkler
If you have a flood in your home or office and need immediate assistance, Dry Express Restoration is there for you. Our highly trained technicians can come out to you, day or night, and use the latest in fast drying equipment and technologies to make your disaster less tragic. You can save 1,000’s of dollars on San Diego water cleanup costs by calling Dry Express Restoration immediately after flooding. When we begin the water removal process right away, we prevent further damage from occurring and can often-times save flooring and furniture that would be damaged if they stay wet too long. You can also take some of these simple steps to help prevent your belongings from getting damaged before our technician arrives:
- Turn off the water. Stop the source of the flood to keep the damage from spreading – most sources of water in your home or office have shut-off valves that can be turned off. If the source of water can’t be turned off or the break is in a wall, call a plumber right away.
- Move items on the floor away from the wet area. Water travels quickly through carpet pads and carpeting – areas that aren’t wet now could have water under them in a very short period of time.
- Place plastic under the legs of wooden furniture that is resting on your carpets. Use plastic bags or butter-tub lids under the legs of wooden furniture to keep water from leeching into the furniture and to keep the staining in the wood from leeching into the carpet.
We can also coordinate the construction by offering referrals. Give us a call. We are your one source from start to finish for your property damage needs.
Fire Damage Repair, Smoke & Soot Removal
When a homeowner or building owner has a fire in their structure like a kitchen fire or an electrical outlet fire that damages a portion or all of their property, their lives are in disarray. We take care to understand your extremely difficult situation of not having your home and minimize further damage by using our specialized knowledge and equipment for expedited fire damage restoration including:
- Anti-etching of metals and glass
- Contents cleaning
- Smoke odor removal
- Duct cleaning
- Coordination of reconstruction
- Contents replacement
A few examples of remediation related to fire / smoke damage are the following:
- Roof fire started by lightening, roofing contractor accident, or accidental fire starting
- Interior fire caused by a plumber soldering a pipe and catching fire to wood material
- Kitchen fire caused by a faulty appliance
- Accidental fire starting from an occupant that causes burning of a carpet
- Electrical wire malfunction
- Gas line malfunction causing an explosion
- Fire start caused by working on a care in the garage area
- Candle left overnight and causing a fire on the wooden table it was resting on
The above are all real examples of remediation work we have completed. We can also coordinate the construction by offering referrals. Give us a call. We are your one source from start to finish for your fire damage restoration needs.
Immediate Remediation Response Needed Because:
After the fire has been suppressed, at a minimum a structure should be boarded up, emergency protection against etching of metals and glass should be conducted, and utilities should be shut off as needed. Our technicians are trained for proper board-up of windows and doors to guard against vandalism and to apply products to metals and galas to stop the etching due to soot residue moving downward on them due to time and gravity. Additionally, the gas line should be shut off at an approved valve and the utility company contacted to ensure a leak does not occur. Many times the electricity and water should be shut off depending on the severity of the fire. Further damage or a re-occurrence can occur if these are not completed.
If a fire strikes your home or office, you need to have trained professionals come
to your aid right away. Call Dry Express Restoration and one of our technicians will be there to help
you as quickly as possible.
Smoke and soot leave terrible odors and stains on your home, furnishings, clothing
and other belongings. Don’t try to clean this yourself as you can cause more damage
than the original fire! Call the professionals at Dry Express Restoration and let us use the
proper tools and equipment to protect you and your property. Follow these steps
to be safe and to protect yourself and your property.
1) Do not stay in the area while smoke smell is present. Smoke particles can stay
in the air for days after a fire and need to be filtered by mask or HEPA filters.
2) Do not attempt to clean items with soot on them. Soot will smear on walls and
grind into fabrics if not properly treated. This sometimes causes more damage than
the original fire.
3) Clean metal surfaces (door knobs, cabinet handles, stainless steel appliances,
etc.) as soon as possible to prevent the acids in soot from pitting them.
Once emergency remediation has been completed, further remediation is necessary very quickly to get the structure back to normal. Without proper remediation, air filtration, and air exhaustion / ventilation, the remediation efforts will not result in a odor-free environment.
Down-time of the structure / home / business can take a toll on the lives of the inhabitants. We can respond immediately and get your structure back to normal very quickly.
Fire and Smoke Damage Repair Contractor
After remediation is complete, many times there are components that need to be put back together. For example, drywall, texturing, painting, carpeting, linoleum, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, insulation, baseboard, cabinets, countertops, appliance replacement, roofing, siding, windows, toilets, sinks, fixtures, cleaning, etc may need to be replaced by a contractor after fire damage to a property or properties. When this damage occurs by a fire many times it is covered by insurance and the homeowner or building owner needs a licensed contractor for the damage repair that is familiar with the reconstruction and claims process with insurance companies. We can coordinate the reconstruction from start to finish using one of our affiliated contractors and keeping several items in-house.
Mold Damage Repair and Restoration
Whenver the correct conditions are present, mold will grow in a home: temperature (typically 70 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, moisture, stagnant air, and an organic medium to grow on. In the case of a home being on the market for sale, there are cases during the inspection that mold is found. The chance of this happening is greater in foreclosed homes since they may have been neglected by the homeowner and could also be left vacant for long periods of time. When it is time for sale, it is possible that mold removal is necessary. The selling agent will usually reach out to a mold remediation company to for mold remediation. We provide mold removal services and cleanup. We can also provide a 3rd party air sampling mold test proving that the area remediated correctly: mold levels cleaner inside the work area compared to the outside environment. We can also coordinate the reconstruction of anything removed like drywall, paint, baseboards, and minor carpeting repairs, which allows for a quicker turn around for the realtor, seller, and buyer.
When water damage is not taken care of correctly, mold damage can occur. Mold damage can occur within 2 hours to a few days if a property is left with high moisture levels.
Mold, whether dead or alive, can cause serious respiratory health problems partly due to the mycotoxins they produce. Many times homeowners ask us if “bleach” will “kill” mold. This option will cause mold blemishes to change color but still leaves the mold in the air to be inhaled. We eliminate this by filtering the air with HEPA air scrubbers an HEPA vacuums in a very specific manner to provide a mold removal clearance test.
Many times homeowners will also ask if the color of the mold is an indicator of its affects to health. The only way that the specific mold strain can be identified is to have it sampled, cultivated in a lab, and analyzed under a microscope. We can coordinate this. Its effect on health is also a function of the susceptibility of the individual person (i.e. the elderly and young are more susceptible). Certain people are naturally more susceptible than others. Certainly, there are certain stains that nearly all individuals will have an adverse respiratory health affect to if exposed to them. We treat all mold damage as if it were the worst type of mold due to the above facts.
We can assess the damage or coordinate the testing. We can walk you through the steps necessary to eliminate the mold and restore your property back to pre-existing conditions. Our specialized remediation techniques include the following:
- Meeting or exceeding the EPA, IICRC, and NY City Department of Health Standards for mold remediation
- Coordination of air or surface sampling if necessary
- Moisture analysis
- Analysis of moisture source
- Setting up containment and negative air cleaning
- Removal of damaged areas and proper disposal of debris
- Extraction of mold spores
- HEPA vacuuming
- HEPA air scrubbing
- Coordination of air duct cleaning
- Drying / air movement for expediting drying
- Specialized drying of cabinets, hardwood floors, carpets, and interiors of drywall
- Coordination with an air tester as proof that area was remediated correctly
A few examples of remediation related to water damage are:
- Water damage not taken care of quickly that causes microbial growth buildup
- Slow leaking pipe within a wall causing mold damage on the drywall
- Slow leaking appliance like a refrigerator or dishwasher causing mold damage to the hardwood floor or subfloor
- Leaky shower pan on a second floor causing a slow drip and damage to first floor ceiling drywall
- Foreclosed house left unattended with flood damage and causing microbial growth on carpet, drywall and hardwood flooring
- Standing water under a house in a crawlspace left unattended and causing microbial growth on ceiling / floor joists
- Broken water heater causing consistent water damage to drywall and the water heater stand
The above are all real examples of remediation work we have completed. We can also coordinate the construction by you a list of referrals. Give us a call. We are your one source from start to finish for your property damage needs.
Trauma Remediation and Removal
Dry Express Restoration is license to cleanup and transport biohazard material from a jobsite to a certified incineration / loading site. It is important to choose a qualified crime scene cleanup contractor for this process to ensure it is handled appropriately, professionally and legally. At Dry Express we clean up blood spills as small as a cut from a finger that has dripped onto a carpet to as large as homicide and suicide cleanup. Contact Dry Express early as possible and we can direct you as to when we can legally enter the property to get the structure back to normal as quickly as possible and ensure a clean, sterilized environment. We are available 24/7.
Reconstruction Services, Home Remodel, Repair, and Restoration
We work with building permits, securing the property, providing temporary utilities on site, managing personnel on site, providing site surveying and engineering, disposing or recycling of construction waste, monitoring schedules and cash flows, and maintaining accurate records.
We can work with any scale project, small, medium, large, or commercial.
Let us work with you to make your building the best it can possibly be!